Lynda.com – Review
Every once in a while I run across a program that blows me away. Lynda.com is one of those programs. As a designer, I find that it is imperative to stay up-to-date with all the current software out there. But it can be challenging and time consuming trying to learn all the ins and outs of the latest software programs.
That’s why I am a huge fan of lynda.com. Lynda.com is packed with hundreds of video tutorials that allow you to learn only what you need to and at in your own time frame.
I first found out about Lynda.com when I was a student studying graphic design. My instructors use to tease that Lynda was going to put them out of business. It was almost true! Lynda.com was so much easier than reading a manual or leaning out of a book! As a web designer (who is mostly self taught) I credit Lynda for getting my through a lot of those tricky spots where my knowledge of the web wasn’t enough. If you know anything about web design, you know there are quite a few of those tricky spots.
Here are the Top reasons I love the training at Lynda.com.
1. The monthly rate is so reasonable– and you can cancel at any time.
2. They have more tutorials on more subjects than you have time to view. Which means that they will more than likely have what you are looking for. And 10% of them are FREE!
3. They are always updating and keeping current with the newest releases. Which means that when a new version of your software comes out you can quickly learn about all the changes.
4. The videos are easy to follow along and they even provide downloadable documents that you can work from so you can follow what is being taught.
5. It’s not just for design software. They have everything from web design, Microsoft office to software for running your computer and business.
Right now lynda.com is offering a 7 day free trial! Take it for a test ride and see how great it is.
Enjoy what you see?
CLICK HERE to sign up for my newsletter and stay up to date with new projects!